This tasty and easy Salmon Burger recipe is not to be missed! Make these on a grill or stovetop, ditch the bun, and serve with mouthwatering Avocado Salsa. Salmon Burgers just got healthier!
- 1 lb salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt, pepper
- olive oil for greasing the pan or grill
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop the salmon fillet into small pieces (about 1/4 inch) and transfer it into a medium mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in the rest of the ingredients. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick grill pan over medium heat. Divide the salmon mixture into 6 and form neat patties (I used a 1/2 cup as a measure). Fry/grill the patties until browned on both sides and just cooked through; about 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients together and mix well.
- I prefer to use use fresh breadcrumbs, although you may use Panko instead. To make a cup of fresh breadcrumbs, just place 4 slices of slightly stale (at least one-day old) bread in a food processor and process until breadcrumbs form. Italian or regular white bread will work the best for this recipe.