Flavorful and filling 20 Minute Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe is super easy to cook up and full of the BEST flavors! If you’re loving the Mexican food recipes and soups, you will love this Chicken Tortilla Soup. And how about some Greek Chicken Soft Tacos and Homemade Guacamole to go along with it?
Oh hi guys! Boy, do I have the most amazing soup recipe to share with you today or WHAT. This 20 Minute Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup has more flavor than you could ever think to ask for in a soup. I ate it 3 days in a row and was sad to see it end. I NEVER eat a meal three days in a row without wanting to cry of food boredom. The avocado and crunchy tortilla chips added on top right before consuming was the best decision ever and gave it great texture.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional toppings: tortilla chips/strips, diced/sliced avocado, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or pico de gallo
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. (To save time, peel and dice the onion for the minute or so that the oil heats.)
- Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until cooked and translucent. Add the garlic and saute for an additional minute until fragrant, being careful not to burn it.
- Get full recipe==>>wishesndishes.com