Making a totally crave-worthy veggie burger is easier than you think! Here are 8 epic tried and true veggie burger recipes that we just can’t get enough of! We’re kicking things off today with a weeks worth of veggie burger recipes!
They’re fabulous sandwiched between a fluffy bakery bun, crumbled atop a big leafy green salad, or stuffed inside fluffy baked sweet potato with all your favorite fixin’s. Anything goes! You can even try your hand at a lettuce wrap burger bun that’s entirely gluten-free!
Even better? They’re all 100% freezer friendly too! Make some for now, and squirrel a few away for later.
8 EPIC VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES
These tasty plant-based veggie patties are our all-time favorites!
1. BUFFALO CHICKPEA VEGGIE BURGERS
These buffalo chickpea veggie burgers are a total roundhouse kick to the tastebuds in the most amazing way possible. These burgers have some serious skills. You can make them super duper spicy and thoroughly assault your tastebuds or keep them on the mild side with some serious buffalo flavor.
Just whatever you do, make them right meow!
- 1 + 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup diced/minced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced/minced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, chopped
- 1-2 TBSP green onion, chopped
- 1/2 TBSP oil (avocado or olive) plus extra to cook the burgers in
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot t sauce, or equivalent
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg or flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax + 3 TBSP water)
- Combine oats and chickpeas in a food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop the chickpeas and oats. Mixture should look slightly chopped but not be paste-like or wet/mushy.
- Set aside and grab those veggies!
- Remove the stem from the jalapeño. For spicier burgers, leave the veins and seeds intact. For less heat, remove them entirely.
- Get full recipe==>>peasandcrayons.com