I first ate a version of this salad in a restaurant and loved it so much I just had to recreate it at home! It is completely plant-based and gluten-free to boot. Personally, I don’t restrict my diet in any specific way but it is always a bonus when something so delicious is also super healthy. I do like to eat as well as I can.
The dressing is made with soaked almonds and tastes creamy and satisfying whilst the salad itself is a medley of lots of textures and flavours and is packed full of protein. This is a great dinner option for those days when you have over-indulged on courgette cake!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 big handfuls baby kale leaves
- 6-8 radishes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 small red cabbage
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 small courgettes
- 1 red pepper
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup almonds soaked for at least an hour, preferably 4
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 cm piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- First cook the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a small heavy based pan with the water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, stir briefly with a fork, then clamp on a lid and reduce the heat. Cook for about 15 minutes until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Once you have turned the heat off, leave the lid on for 5-10 minutes to allow the quinoa to steam dry. Run a fork through the quinoa and set aside to cool.
- Toss the chickpeas with a drizzle of rapeseed oil and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa.
- Get full recipe==>>eatloveeats.com