Need a new veggie side to serve with dinner? Try these simple baked tomatoes with a melted parmesan topping!
A couple weeks ago, I was in Galveston, Texas for a work conference. My coworkers and I went out to dinner at a fancy seafood restaurant that was AMAZING. I always order seafood when I’m out on work dinners– because Nick hates seafood and it’s my only chance, haha! Anyway, we went to this restaraunt that overlooked the ocean and we ordered some delish seafood– appetizers were panko crusted asparagus with creamy crab sauce. I ordered the crab cake stuffed shrimp with macaroni and cheese and parmesan tomatoes.
I didn’t really know what the parmesan tomatoes were when I ordered them, I just assumed they were chopped tomatoes sauteed with some type of cheese. Well to my suprise, these cute little tomato rounds with crusty, melty parmesan were sitting on my plate!
And oh my, they were so good. Like little baby pizzas with all the good tomatoes and cheese and none of the crust. The cheese was so thick, you had to cut them with a knife! I knew that I had to remake these when I got home.
- 2-3 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4" slices and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Top each slice with enough parmesan to cover the top, as well as a sprinkling of basil and oregano.
- Get full recipe==>>zenandspice.com