The best Italian lemon olive oil cake of your dreams, dressed festively with layers of whipped mascarpone cheese, lemon curd, a honey lemon blueberry sauce and finished with juicy, fresh blackberries. Like a Tiramisu, but even better!
This Italian lemon olive oil cake is Everything and a bucket of organic blackberries!
Today I bring to you the first official cake recipe on Ciao Florentina. I don’t even know where to really start, because I am so excited about this you guys. I mean, yours truly excited about cake, is just never happens.
But today I have the real deal: lemony and berrylicious with a little bit of ricotta cheese in the mix of course, and a custardy pudding like lemon curd layer.
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c ricotta cheese
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 5 eggs organic pasture raised
- 1 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Zest from 1 lemon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 lb blackberries
- 1/4 c edible flower blossoms
- 1/2 lb blueberries
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2-3 tbsp wild honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks organic pasture raised
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1.5 c whipped cream ( Stiff )
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 c lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 5 large egg yolks organic pasture raised
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp butter cut into 5 pieces.
Instructions:Make the Blueberry Sauce:
- Start by adding the blueberries with the lemon juice, vanilla and honey to a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for a couple of minutes, just until the blueberries burst. Remove from flame and adjust sweetness to your taste with more honey. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the Lemon Curd:
- To make the lemon curd, prepare a double boiler with 2 inches of water in the bottom pan. Bring to gentle simmer.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice to the top pan. Whisk together over the steam until combined well. Keep whisking for a few minutes until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. About 5 to 10 minutes or so. Turn off the flame and whisk in the butter until melted. Transfer the curd to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cooled completely. It should be very thick at this point.
- Preheat your oven to 325"F.
- Get full recipe==>>ciaoflorentina.com