Better than Anything Cake (aka Better than Sex Cake) made with homemade caramel sauce and fresh whipped cream. This recipe is one of our favorite cakes, ever!
I love any excuse to make a delicious and beautiful cake! In the past I’ve always stuck with 2 or 3-layer cakes that I can decorate pretty with piping or fruit. Naked cakes (like this berry cake) are fun, easy and beautiful.
If it’s new to you, then you’re in for a treat! If you’re familiar with it, read on, because there are a few things that make this recipe even tastier than most!
MY TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
1. YOU JUST CAN’T GO WRONG MAKING THIS RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE CARAMEL SAUCE!
I’ve used a jar of Mrs Richardson’s caramel topping when I was in a hurry, but honestly, it’s amazing with the homemade caramel! You could make the homemade caramel sauce several days in advance, to save time. It can be poured on the cake warm or cold.
2. AS A GENERAL RULE I ALWAYS USE FRESH WHIPPED CREAM INSTEAD OF COOL WHIP (WHICH MOST RECIPES FOR THIS CAKE CALL FOR).
I don’t like the processed, fake taste of cool whip, especially when fresh whipped cream is just as easy to make and tastes SOO much better! Just pour some in a bowl, add a little bit of sugar to sweeten it, and beat it until it’s thick and fluffy.
3. FOR TOPPING, YOU CAN CHOP UP A COUPLE HEALTH BARS, OR JUST USE A BAG OF HEATH BITS, TO SAVE TIME!
You can find them by the chocolate chips at your grocery store, or online. Sprinkle on however much you want–you don’t have to use the entire bag. Store leftover heath bits in your freezer, and use them another time to make this cake again, or in this yummy trifle.
4. LASTLY, THIS CAKE REALLY TASTES BETTER IF YOU WAIT A FEW HOURS BEFORE EATING IT.
Let the flavors soak into the cake, and serve it cold. It’s completely heavenly! Here’s a little video tutorial to show you just how easy it really is!
- 1 chocolate cake , baked in a 9x13'' pan
- 1 recipe caramel sauce , or one 16oz jar caramel topping
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 heath candy bars , chopped*
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Allow cake cool for about 5 minutes, then poke holes in it with a fork or the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- Get full recipe==>>tastesbetterfromscratch.com