Black beans are loaded with fiber. Try this over white rice with chimichurri sauce, for wonderful fusion of flavors from Argentina and Brazil.
- 1 smoked ham hock (or smoked pork chop) 6 oz.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb package dried black beans
For the sofrito:
- 1 large minced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 bunch of parsley finely chopped (no stems)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Soak bean over night. Discard water.
- In a pressure cooker combine soaked beans, ham hock and bay leaves and add enough water to cover beans at least 3 inches, about 6 cups.
- Get full recipe==>>skinnytaste.com