Buttermilk Country Fried Chicken Recipe - The secret to this juicy and tender fried chicken lies in the simple buttermilk marinade. The crisp crust has a delicious hint of thyme.
I have to say this is the BEST fried chicken ever, so juicy and moist....I tried both ways and the over night soak was the best, even though both were awesome and I now take and add about a cup of Franks hot sauce to the buttermilk and it makes for a little kick! It is now a family dinner every Sunday.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Oil for frying
- Place chicken pieces in a large resealable food storage bag. Add all marinade ingredients and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
- In pie pan, mix flour and all remaining chicken ingredients except oil. Heat about 1/2 inch oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Get full recipe==>>pillsbury.com