This Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad is the traditional Caprese salad in pasta form! Pasta, tomatoes, basil, and tomatoes!
- 1 1/2 cups orecchiette pasta , or other small pasta
- 3 tablespoons pesto , or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar , more to taste
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup small pearlini fresh mozzarella balls (or ciliegine cut in half)
- 3 leaves fresh basil leaves , finely shredded
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and cool.
- Mix pesto, olive oil, salt, granulated garlic, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. You can add more balsamic to taste but it will start to change the color of the dressing unless you are using white balsamic vinegar.
- Add pasta and toss to coat. Fold in tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- Get full recipe==>>the-girl-who-ate-everything.com