No need to avert your eyes, resolution-keepers… today’s sweet treat is made for you! Jess here, and these healthy cherry-almond bars will energize your mind and body while satisfying your sweet tooth. Total win-win. For breakfast, an afternoon snack or even a post-workout nosh, these bars are going to be your new favorite fix.
I picked up dried cherries and cranberries (that I sweetened with apple juice) and slivered almonds from the bulk section of my grocery store and turned my usual trail mix into bar form. The cherries and cranberries act as a binder, removing the need to even turn on an oven, and the health factor was bumped up even more by adding some nutty Happy Hemp seeds. What’s better than a recipe that comes together in a snap?
- 2 ½ cups unblanched slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 tablespoon raw hemp seeds (optional)
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoon water
- Place almonds, flax meal, cherries, cranberries, hemp seeds, stevia and salt in food processor.
- Pulse until ground and then pulse in water until the mixture begins to form a solid ball.
- Press mixture firmly into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish lined with wax paper.
- Get full recipe==>>camillestyles.com