No matter the temperature outside, this classic slow cooker pot roast is exactly what your belly is craving. It’s a healthy, homemade meal that comes together quickly and cooks while you’re away. Come home and dinner is done!
That’s why this classic slow cooker pot roast recipe keeps showing up on our weekly menu.
Besides the fact that pot roast tastes AMAZING, it’s so warm, comforting and it reminds me of the slow summers of childhood where my sole responsibilities were to make my bed and play in the sprinkler.
And now as an adult and parent, I understand why we ate pot roast often and I can share it with you in one short word: crazy easy.
Ok… that’s technically two words… but still. This is a classic pot roast recipe that is also a dump recipe. Meaning, you dump everything in the pot and cook it.
- 1 chuck roast (3-4 lbs)
- 1 lb baby carrots (or carrots, cut to about 1" pieces)
- 1½ lbs potatoes (any variety, cut into about 1" pieces if necessary)
- 4 Tbsp homemade dry onion soup mix
- 1 batch homemade cream of mushroom soup
- Place half the potatoes and carrots on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Next, place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables.
- Get full recipe==>>dontwastethecrumbs.com