Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich-this fresh and simple vegetarian sandwich is made with cucumber, avocado, lettuce, sprouts, and herbed goat cheese. It is great for lunch or dinner. This Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich because it is fresh, simple, and the perfect meal for a hot summer day.
To make the sandwich, I spread herbed goat cheese on the slices of bread. Make sure the goat cheese is at room temperature so it spreads nice and easy. If you can’t find herbed goat cheese, you can use regular goat cheese and stir in some minced herbs. Basil, rosemary, or thyme would all be good options.
- 4 slices Dave’s Killer Bread, 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Spread the herbed goat cheese evenly on all of the slices of bread. Take one of the slices and top with lettuce, cucumber slices, and avocado slices. Drizzle a little fresh lemon juice over the cucumbers and avocados. Add some sprouts and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place a piece of bread, goat cheese side down, on top to sandwich all of the fillings together. Repeat with second sandwich. Serve immediately.
- Get full recipe==>>twopeasandtheirpod.com