This protein-packed Mediterranean chickpea salad is filled with vegetables and hint of salty capers with a simple vinaigrette. It’s a great side dish for backyard barbecue and it can pull double duty as a healthy, vegan lunch to last through the week. The flavors are bold and fresh, and the recipe can be made a day or two in advance.
Ingredients:FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 English cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup diced red onion (amount to taste)
- 3/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Get full recipe==>>simplywhisked.com