Chocolate chip cookie dough that is battered and deep fried to perfection, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Great for a party or a late night snack. It’s battered cookie dough bites fried to a fluffy, golden perfection for a sweet treat that melts in your mouth. This recipe is inspired by the Texas State Fair.
This is one of the easier deep fried recipes out there. Simply start with your favorite cookie dough batter, either homemade or store bought. We used chocolate chip here, but it works for oreo or peanut butter dough too.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Batter and Frying
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
Serving - optional
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate or caramel sauce
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper/wax paper, and also line a plate with paper towel. Set both aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix in flour and chocolate chips until blended.
- Form into 1 ½ inch balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Get full recipe==>>tipbuzz.com