his recipe for Fried Pickles makes a perfectly pleasing palatable plate of goodness. Serve them as an appetizer or a fun side dish at your next party, and watch them disappear!
It seems that just about every food known has been fried. Some successful. Others, not so much. Most fried foods I can take a bite or two and that’s enough, I can take it or leave it. but there are other fried foods, like mushrooms, onions, or these Fried Pickles have a flavor and texture combination that just seems right. And to take one bite or two isn’t the easiest thing to do. For that reason, we don’t prepare fried foods on a regular basis. Everything in moderation and all of that.
- 12 large pickle spears, drained and patted dry
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c. panko
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 c. Ranch dressing, for serving
- 1 tbsp. Hot sauce, for serving
- Prepare the pickles. Slice pickle spears lengthwise into thirds or quarters, depending on how thick they are, to create thin spears.
- Set up the dredging station. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and garlic powder. Put the eggs in a separate medium bowl and the panko in a third bowl. Working a few spears at a time, dredge the pickle spears in the flour mixture, toss the spears in the eggs, then dredge in panko.
- Get full recipe==>>delish.com