This lemonade starts with making a blueberry simple syrup — just sugar, water, and of course blueberries. Once the berries have burst, you strain the mixture which becomes the blueberry syrup and base of this recipe.
That syrup gets mixed with freshly squeezed lemons and sparkling water, and that is IT. Fill up a glass with some ice, fill it up with the best ever sparkling blueberry lemonade, and stay cool in that crazy heat!
- 2/3 cup white sugar (superfine is best)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (~4-5 whole large lemons)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups sparkling water or club soda (my favorite is sparkling lemon lime water)
- Combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and blueberries are starting to burst.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve. Let this blueberry syrup completely cool.
- Get full recipe==>>chelseasmessyapron.com