These Easy Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches are as simple as adding the ingredients to your slow cooker and letting it infuse your house with the intoxicating aroma of beef simmering in a richly seasoned au jus until it reaches mouthwatering perfection.
There are two ways you can make this: An authentic French Dip Sandwich is made with thinly sliced beef. However, the easier way is just to let the beef continue to cook in the crock pot until it is easily shreddable. This way is easier because you don’t have to monitor the meat to make sure you carve it before it begins to fall apart.
- 4 pounds beef roast (rump roast for slicing or chuck roast for shredding)
- 10.5 oz can beef consomme (found by condensed soups)
- 10.5 oz can condensed French onion soup
- 12 oz Guiness beer
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- Add beef and all liquid/seasoning ingredients to the crock pot and set on high.
- If you prefer to slice the beef, cook 3-4 hours, then remove beef from crock pot while still slightly firm and slice very thinly.
- Get full recipe==>>foxvalleyfoodie.com