Delicious and healthy homemade chicken apple sausage is super easy, quick, and great for any meal! You can use ground chicken or turkey for this Paleo and Whole30 friendly staple. Sugar free, refined oil free, loved by all.
You guys know how much I love spiced-up meat right? And if you follow me on instagram you see that’s no joke – almost all my breakfasts involve some sort of sausage – chicken apple, chicken chorizo, garlic pork, breakfast pork, andouille – if it has earned the name sausage, you will find it on my plate.
So why it has taken me so long to just make a little of the darn stuff myself is just good old-fashioned silly laziness – I can be lazy with weird stuff, this is certain.
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey, not too lean (I used ground chicken thighs)
- 2/3 cup peeled and finely chopped apple
- 2 tbsp ghee coconut oil, or preferred cooking fat
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp onion powder or 1 tbsp fresh minced onion
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken or turkey with the apples, spices, and salt & pepper and mix well with your hands to fully combine.
- there are two ways to cook this: stovetop or oven
- for the stovetop
- Heat a large skillet over med heat and add the ghee to melt. Form mixture into 8 small patties and place in pan. Adjust the heat (lower might be better to avoid burning) to evenly brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and either serve right away, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
- for the oven
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Add the ghee to the mixture and combine well.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and form the mixture into 8 small patties.
- Get full recipe==>>paleorunningmomma.com