Chicken Parmesan Casserole served with pasta is quick, HEALTHY and EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER for whole family. It’s SIMPLE, FREEZER FRIENDLY RECIPE and great idea how to use up leftover chicken. Cheesy, baked parmesan chicken casserole with marinara sauce and bread crumbs is delicious comfort food but healthy meal for your family, too.
- 1.5 lb. cooked chicken- diced (if you don’t have cooked chicken simply grill almost 2 lb. thawed boneless chicken breast in the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 jar (28 ounces) of marinara sauce
- 1 ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ -2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs (if use finer bread crumbs, not flacked kind like Panco, I suggest you to use just ¾ cup or the top will be too sandy)
- Italian seasoned salt-to taste
- 1 ½ -2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease 8 ½ x 8 ½ inch casserole with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place chopped cooked chicken in baking dish and pour marinara sauce over the chicken, stir to combine.
- Spread shredded mozzarella cheese on top to cover the chicken. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- In a bowl stir together bread crumbs and Italian seasoned salt. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir well. If it seems to dry and the crumbs are not evenly moistened add more olive oil and stir to combine. It depends on the texture of bread crumbs you us. Finer crumbs will seem to dry and need more oil, flacked crumbs like Panko need less oil.
- Get full recipe==>>omgchocolatedesserts.com