This delicious Greek Chicken Bowl combines the flavors of the Mediterranean for a casual healthy meal that everyone is sure to love!
If you love a good casual meal in a bowl, you’ll love this Greek Chicken Bowl. It’s jam-packed with marinated chicken breast, quinoa tabbouleh, kale, garbanzo beans, pickled onions, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Just add a dollop of tzatziki to make it extra tasty.
The chicken for this healthy bowl recipe is marinated in this Italian salad dressing for about 30 minutes. The longer – the better, but if you’re short on time – 30 minutes will do. The chicken is then seared in a pan or grilled . Once the chicken is cooked through, I give it a good brushing of more of the oregano dressing.
- 4 free-range chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 cup of Italian marinade/fressing
- 2 cups quinoa tabbouleh
- 1/2 cup pickled onions
- 2 cups kale, tossed in Italian dressing
- 1 15 ounce can low sodium garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- fresh parsley and mint for garnish
FOR THE MARINADE/SALAD DRESSING
- 2-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced kalamata olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1-1/2 cups good extra-virgin olive oil
- For the Quinoa Tabbouleh
FOR THE QUINOA TABBOULEH
1 cup cooked quinoa (equal to about 1/2 cup dried quinoa) 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped (about 1 bunch) 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped 1 cup cherry, baby heirloom, or teardrop tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise 3 scallions, sliced - white and light green parts only 3/4 cup Persian cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon sea salt freshly ground black pepper to taste.
FOR THE PICKLED ONIONS
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons clover honey (you can use granulated sugar if you prefer)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
FOR THE TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 2 8-ounce containers plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the shallow dish and evenly coat; cover and allow to marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While chicken is marinading, prepare all of the other components of the bowl.
- Get full recipe==>>theharvestkitchen.com