Greek Style Cole Slaw: a lighter, non-mayo based coleslaw recipe with feta cheese and a lemon-oregano vinaigrette. Nutritional information and Weight Watcher's points included. This cole slaw has always been one of my all-time favorite cole slaw recipes. I really love the tangy flavor, and the addition of feta cheese and peperoncini. It’s delicious!
Here’s a lighter, non-mayo based recipe for Greek Style Cole Slaw. hope you like the recipe...
- Three 10-ounce packages angel hair cabbage (or the cole slaw mix with carrots and purple cabbage included)
- 2 large carrots, finely grated (if carrots are not in the cabbage mix)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) - more, if desired- crumbled feta cheese
- garnishes: red onion slices and pepperoncini (optional)
- Place cabbage and carrots in a large bowl, and toss.
- Place olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and dry mustard in a jar; cover tightly and shake to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss well. Mix in feta cheese.
- Get full recipe==>>recipegirl.com