This Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup is a soup recipe I’ll make over and over, and this tasty soup is also Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and can be South Beach Diet friendly.
Even though I try to share lots of low-carb Super Bowl Recipes, I know some of you definitely had some carb-loaded foods while you were watching the game, am I right? Personally I find special occasions like that to be the hardest time to practice carb-conscious eating, and my family is (cough) not known for bringing low-carb options when I’m hosting either, which I was yesterday.
So if you’re thinking about getting back on track today, I have a real treat for you. This Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup was absolutely amazing; I promise you that no one will think about low-carb diets while they’re eating this soup.
- 1/2 onion, chopped small
- 2 T butter or olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, leaves and stem removed and the rest coarsely chopped. (About 7-8 cups chopped cauliflower. You can use the core.)
- 3 cups (24 oz.) chicken stock (I would use flavorful homemade chicken stock, or chicken stock from a carton) plus a little more to thin soup if needed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup grated sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese (We used a mix of cheeses, but next time Kara and I agreed we would use mostly extra sharp cheddar.)
- 1/2 cup half and half, cream, or milk
- extra grated sharp cheddar or extra sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 8-10 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (We used pre-cooked bacon and cooked it in the microwave.)
- thinly sliced green onions
- Peel onion and chop into small pieces. Cut away the leaves of the cauliflower and some of the stem, keeping the core part. Coarsely chop cauliflower into pieces.
- Turn Instant Pot or pressure cooker to SAUTE and melt the butter; then add the onion and cook 2-3 minutes. Then add the chopped cauliflower, chicken stock, garlic powder, and salt. Lock the lid, use the MANUAL setting and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Get full recipe==>>kalynskitchen.com