Fully loaded Korean Beef Tacos with Bulgogi steak – because I know how much you all love Asian food. And just wait until you try that Sriracha-lime crema taco sauce!!
The bulgogi beef (a Korean BBQ beef) in this recipe has incredible flavor as the sauce caramelizes in the skillet, coating each delicious bite! It’s kind of like the beef you try in really good takeout places but can never recreate at home.
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) sesame oil*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated (optional but nice)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (press it into the cup)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup hot water
*Sesame Oil Tip: Don’t skip this or try to replace it with any other oil. It gives the beef marvelous flavor and aroma. We used “Sun Luck” brand (found near the soy sauces in the grocery store). Be sure to buy one that says “toasted sesame oil” in the ingredient list.
Korean Beef Tacos Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak, hanger steak, top sirloin, or flat iron steak
- 12 to 14 Small (6-inch) flour tortillas (use corn tortillas for gluten free)
- 1 small Purple Cabbage
- 1/3 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
The Best Taco Sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, (plus lime wedges to serve if desired)
- Thinly slice beef against the grain and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir together all marinade ingredients to dissolve sugar, pour over sliced meat and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Get full recipe==>>natashaskitchen.com