This is about a simple a dessert recipe as you will find, but it is delicious! A lemon carlota is a Mexican dessert that is very popular in Mexico - It only requires 4 ingredients!
A Carlota is a very popular Mexican dessert that has French roots. It is easy to make and, being that it is usually eaten either frozen or chilled, it is perfect for sunny days. It is also ideal for when you have people over and you don’t have a lot of time to prepare, because it really doesn’t take very long to make!
A carlota is made with multiple levels of vanilla flavored cookies, covered in a sweet sauce, and is then frozen for a couple of hours to create a creamy ice cream like texture. Sometimes this is called a lemon icebox cake, but I will always call it a carlota.
My preference is to make it lemon-flavored, but you can make it with strawberries, apple, and peach too – which is the flavor that I ate a lot growing up. That is because I have an uncle in Mexico who worked in a restaurant and he made the most delicious peach carlota. He always used to make it around Christmas time to go with our Christmas dinner which became a great tradition and we all looked forward to it every year.
- Juice from 5 Lemons
- 1 Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Packages of Marias cookies.
- Blend the two types of milk together with the lime juice and set aside.
- In a glass baking dish, put one layer of cookies along the bottom, covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cover the first layer with part of the sweet sauce
- Repeat until the cookies are gone, finishing with a final layer of sweet sauce.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours and serve!
- Get full recipe==>>mylatinatable.com