- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (or other herbs, Note 1)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup / 85 ml lemon juice (1 large or 2 medium lemons)
- 1/4 cup / 65 ml olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 pork chops bone in , 2cm / 4/5" thick about 280g/9 oz each (Note 2)
- Oil , for cooking
- Whisk Marinade ingredients in a bowl (or ziplock bag). Add pork. Marinade for 1 hr minimum, 3 hours ideal, 12 hours max (Note 3).
- Take the pork out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
- Shake excess marinade off (but don't wipe dry) and cook using preferred method. Pictured in post served with Minted Yoghurt - see notes!
- Brush grills / plate with oil and heat on high until smoking.
- Place pork on grills and cook the first side for 4 minutes until it is nicely charred. Turn and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Turn the porks on their side to briefly sear the fat side. Transfer to plate, rest for 3 - 5 minutes then serve.
- Heat skillet with about 1 tbsp oil over high heat. Add pork and cook for 1 minute, then turn DOWN slightly to medium high. Cook for another 3 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Turn the porks on their side to briefly sear the fat side
- Get full recipe==>>recipetineats.com