Lemon Lavender Cupcakes – easy lemon cupcakes with lavender buttercream frosting, topped with lavender flowers and fresh lemon slices.
These Lemon Lavender Cupcakes are so light in flavor and will have your taste buds dying for spring! The sweet lemon cupcake with the light lavender frosting is such a delicious and fun combination!
So these cupcakes are totally getting me in the mood for spring! I know it’s still February, but we’ve had such crazy weather this winter that our bulb flowers are already starting to come through and have been for weeks now. I’m pretty sure we’ll have tulips by the end of the month. It’s nutty!
Ingredients:For the Lemon Cupcakes:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
For the Lavender Frosting:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoon lavender extract
- Violet icing color, optional
- Lavender flowers
- 6-7 Lemon slices, cut in half
- To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>thecakeblog.com