Lemoncello tiramisu adds a burst of bright flavor to the traditional layered Italian dessert. Instead of coffee, the primary flavor is lemon. Lemon is infused into this dessert in multiple ways. The ladyfinger cookies are soaked in lemon syrup. The custard gets lemon flavor from lemon liqueur, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 5 large eggs divided
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 1/2 cups lemoncello divided
- Zest of 3 Meyer lemons
- Juice of 5 to 6 Meyer lemons enough to yield 3/4 cup
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 40 ladyfinger cookies also labeled savoiardi
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with wax paper, letting it hang over the edges on two sides.
- Fill a large saucepan with about an inch of water and set it over high heat until the water comes to a steady simmer. Reduce the heat to keep water at a steady simmer.
- Place two cups of ice in a very large mixing bowl and fill with about 2 inches of water.
- Get full recipe==>>theredheadbaker.com