loaded greek chicken avocado salad is another meal in a salad! loaded with greek flavours and ingredients, with a 5-ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade! A Loaded Greek Chicken Avocado Salad is one of our favourites. You might remember this Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad from last year? Well, this salad is EXACTLY the same as THAT ONE, without the flatbreads and Tzatziki!
I can’t believe it’s 7:30 in the am, I’m sippin’ on a fresh cup of coffee, and all I want is this Greek Salad. A couple of weeks ago, we made A VIDEO for my Avocado Greek Salad & Greek Salad Dressing, and finally got around to posting it last night (good things take time — especially with the amount of clients we have). Well, after videoing that salad, we wanted to eat it with some chicken, so we proceeded to make up some more dressing (that doubles as a marinade — you know how I roll), and grill some chicken breasts. Adding some romaine lettuce to help bulk it up a bit since there were 4 of us hungry people drooling all over each other, I stepped back when it was finished and died a little.
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts , halved to make four fillets
Dressing / Marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Salad:
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves (or cos lettuce), washed and shredded
- 2 large Lebanese cucumbers , halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes , cut into small wedges
- 1/2 green pepper (or capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion , sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g fresh Feta cheese , cubed
- 1/2 cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 1 avocado
- Whisk together all the marinade / dressing ingredients in large, shallow dish. Pour out 1/2 cup to use as the dressing; reserve in the refrigerator for later to use as the dressing.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the shallow dish and evenly coat; cover and allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>cafedelites.com