Please don’t tell me that salads are boring, because this Low-Carb Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing is loaded with flavor, and this tasty low-carb salad is also Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and can easily be South Beach Diet friendly! Use the Diet-Type Index to find more recipes like this one.
Ingredients:DRESSING INGREDIENTS (MAKES ABOUT 2.5 CUPS DRESSING):
- 2 cups Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa (I used Pace Picante Sauce Mild)
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper
- about 2 cups diced cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken, but if you don’t have any just poach two boneless-skinless chicken breasts in barely simmering water for about 15 minutes.)
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Ranch Dressing (or more, to taste)
- 1-2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped and spun dry with salad spinner (or dry with paper towels)
- 6 red, orange, or yellow sweet mini-peppers, seeds cut out and sliced (or chopped red bell pepper if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (Or use thinly-sliced green onion if you’re not a cilantro fan.)
- 4 oz. sliced olives (optional, but good)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used Four-Cheese Mexican Blend from Costco)
- Put salsa in food processor and puree about one minute with steel blade. (Could also use a blender or immersion blender.) Add Ranch Dressing and ground Chipotle and process 30 seconds more, or until well combined. (You can also just stir the dressing together if you don’t mind it a little chunky. Chill dressing 1-2 hours if possible.
- Mix diced chicken with desired amount of salad dressing and set aside to marinate while you prep other ingredients.
- Get full recipe==>>kalynskitchen.com