Deliciously moist and fluffy mint chocolate cake layered with silky Swiss meringue buttercream and chocolate chips!
Mint and chocolate. One of my all-time favourite flavour combinations. If you love it as much as I do, you’re gonna love today’s recipe. How does a Mint Chocolate Chip Layer Cake sound to you?
Today’s recipe is infused with mint, in both the cake and the buttercream for extra minty goodness! And how can you not pair mint with chocolate chips? I’ve incorporated chocolate chips in 2 ways.
I’ve layered them in the cake along with the buttercream, and I’ve pressed them up against the cake, and on top. Because you can’t have too many. 😉
Ingredients:FOR THE CAKE
- 3 and 3/4 cups cake flour* 375g
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder 75g
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 2 and 1/4 cups caster/granulated sugar 450g
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted butter 340g, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups Greek-style yogurt 367g, room temperature
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup large egg whites 240g, from about 6 - 7 large eggs
- 2 cups caster/granulated sugar 400g
- 2 cups unsalted butter 453g, room temperature and cubed
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Green gel food colouring optional
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips 265g
Instructions:FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Grease three 8-inch cake pans and line the bases with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>marshasbakingaddiction.com