One of the best things about this dessert, other than it is delicious, is that it is no bake! No oven or stovetop required. Perfect for summer. Especially on a 95 degree day like it is in Portland today and your air conditioner is broken. Yes, that would be me!
The dessert starts with a base of graham cracker crumbs in a 9 x 13 glass pan. It is then topped with a mixture of sugar and butter that has been beat for 15 minutes until it gets so light and fluffy! And so yummy! I have a hard time not just eating all the filling straight out of the bowl.
But I did manage to save some for the dessert. Top the graham crackers with the filling and then top with sliced bananas, strawberries and drained crushed pineapple.
- 1/2 C butter melted
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 C butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 3-4 bananas sliced
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries sliced
- 1 container of Cool Whip 12 oz.
- 1 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple drained
- chocolate syrup to drizzle
Instructions:Note: If raw eggs are a concern for you they can be left out of the second layer.
- Mix together 1/2 C butter melted and 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- Press into bottom of 9 x 12 pan.
- Mix together eggs, 1 C butter and powdered sugar and beat for 15 minutes (this is important!)
- Spread over graham cracker layer
- Get full recipe==>>yourhomebasedmom.com