The best chicken spot in New York is Pio Pio. They make amazing Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken with Aji Verde Sauce. They are very secretive about what goes into their sauce but this is pretty close.
Since I don’t have a rotisserie I roasted mine in the oven and cut it in half to make sure all the skin gets crispy. Serve this with a simple avocado salad or this is also great with tostones or rice and beans. For best results, marinate chicken overnight.
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 oz beer (I used Corona light)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Wash chicken and remove all fat.
- Place in a large bowl and season generously with beer, vinegar, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, cumin and oregano.
- Place in a large bag and marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag, cut chicken in half and place both halves on a large oven safe baking dish, skin side up.
- Get full recipe==>>skinnytaste.com