These Red Velvet Sugar Cookies are all the delicious flavor of red velvet, buttery soft, and crisp on the outside. Topped with some of the best cream cheese frosting! AMAZING!
These cookies! They are based off of this sugar cookie recipe (which if you haven’t made them yet, you totally have to!). But I red velveted them up. They have that delicious tang and chocolate flavor that makes a red velvet recipe perfect. They are crisp on the outside and they are amazingly buttery on the inside. And then you whip up this perfect cream cheese frosting to top them with. Yummy! You are going to love them!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 TBSPs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsps salt
- 14 TBSPs unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar plus more for rolling
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 TBSP red food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar not packed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking pans with parchment paper or silicon baking mats .
- In a large bowl mix together 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 2 TBSPs cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Get full recipe==>>wineandglue.com