Right, let’s talk curry. Simple Coconut Curry Chicken, to be precise. She’s a goddess on your dinner rotation: Fresh, easy and loaded with flavor from onions, garlic, ginger. Plus there are all the green veggies: Sugar snap peas, spinach and zucchini – love at first sight ?
An easy and delicious way to make coconut curry chicken - full of healthy green vegetables and so simple to make!
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast OR thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro stalks and leaves roughly separated
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil or virtually any other oil for cooking, coconut oil just tastes the best here
- 1 5.5-oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water or more if needed
- 1 kaffir lime leaf optional
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas halved
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- To serve: cooked basmati rice, sliced cucumber, sliced chili, sliced red onion, cilantro, lime wedges, roasted peanuts, shaved coconut... Whatever you love!
- Season the chicken: Place the chicken in a bowl with the curry powder and salt and stir well to coat. Set aside.
- Make the onion paste: Place the onion, ginger, garlic and cilantro stalks (set the leaves aside for serving the curry later) in a mini food processor and process, scraping the sides from time to time, until very finely minced. It should look almost like a paste - the better you do this, the smoother and creamier your curry will be.
- Get cooking: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook until browned. Add the onion paste and stir well for one minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook like this for 5 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>savorynothings.com