Fish en Papillote with Cauliflower Mash – Easy to make and so very impressive! It’s so easy to make, I’m almost embarrassed to call it a recipe.
It’s perfect for all those occasions you really need to make a nice dinner for someone but you’re short on time. Or on cooking skills. Or on number of dishes. You know, like that first time you’re cooking for a new love interest
Ingredients:FOR THE BROWN BUTTER
- 1 stick of butter
- A clean jar for storage
FOR THE MASH
- 1 lb floury potatoes peeled and cubed, such as Russet
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown butter
FOR THE FISH
- 4 sheets of parchment paper
- 4 white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4-8 leaves sage
- 3.5 oz sugar snap peas julienned
- 2 medium carrots julienned
Instructions:TO MAKE THE BROWN BUTTER
- Put the stick of butter in a small pot or pan over medium-high heat. Heat until it starts to bubble, immediately reduce to the smallest setting on your stove and cook until you notice a nutty smell.
- Remove any foam on the surface with a spoon, then strain through a piece of cloth or some strong kitchen paper into a clean jar. Store in the fridge for up to three months.
TO MAKE THE MASH
- Cook the potatoes and cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Drain and mash with a potato masher. Add mustard and brown butter and mix well.
TO MAKE THE FISH.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread one sheet of parchment paper on an even surface. Lightly brush the middle with a bit of olive oil. Put one fish fillet in the middle of the paper. Season with salt and pepper and top with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, lemon and sage leaves. Put 1/4 of the vegetables on either side of the fish. Wrap the parchment paper around the fish into a parcel. Proceed in the same way with the other three fillets.
- Get full recipe==>>savorynothings.com