These Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy-to-make treat recipe! The basic sugar cookie base is topped with a sweet and fluffy buttercream frosting and sprinkles – it’s the perfect kid friendly dessert that the whole family will love!
My kids love to help me make these Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookie Bars (which is why these ones are pink…I have 2 pink-loving girls) and because you can colour the icing any shade you desire, they’re perfect for any season!
Try them in green for St. Patrick’s Day, in red and pink for Valentine’s Day, orange and black for Halloween, or even in Red and Green for Christmas!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- a splash vanilla extract
- a pinch sea salt
- food colouring if desired
- sprinkles if desired
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangular baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on high speed for several minutes until they're creamed together (fluffy and smooth and pale in colour).
- Get full recipe==>>thebusybaker.ca