Homemade pretzels are pretty freakin’ delicious. They have the same great taste as the ones you know, but you get total control over the crispiness (I like mine a little crispier) and the saltiness, which I also like a little more of!!
A quick note – the recipe below says to line the pan with parchment paper and you really should. I forgot to with the first batch and ended up cutting them off the sheet pan. They were fairly intact, but it was frustrating.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups (plus more) flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- coarse sea salt
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup (heaping) baking soda
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper (see note above).
- Boil 8 cups of water and heaping 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl, wide enough for the pretzels.
- Get full recipe==>>lucismorsels.com