The first time I had ravioli I likened them to fluffy meaty pillows. They’re so much fun! So today we’re going to have ravioli in a pasta bake of sorts, smothered in rich, creamy Alfredo sauce and layered with a spinach and artichoke pesto mix.
Oh and there’s cheese. A six Italian cheese blend of mozzarella, smoked provolone, romano, fontina, asiago and Parmesan cheese. And don’t be put off by all the fancy names, you can find a packet of this pre-mixed shredded cheese right in the dairy section of a grocery store. No need to visit the deli aisle!
What’s great about this is despite sounding like a lot of work, it really isn’t. Most of the stuff can be bought pre-made. From frozen ravioli, jarred Alfredo sauce (although I’ve included how to make Alfredo sauce from scratch in the notes) and artichoke hearts in a can that just need some dicing. Really easy.
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 can (16 oz.) artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable/chicken broth
- 25 oz. frozen ravioli
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- Combine spinach, artichoke and pesto and mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine Alfredo sauce and broth
- Spread 1/3 of the Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Get full recipe==>>thecookingjar.com