Spinach Tortellini Soup is so easy to make and filled with tortellini, fresh basil, Italian sausage, spinach, and butternut squash. A simple and satisfying comfort food recipe that is ready in half an hour and perfect for cold evenings!
This delicious and hearty Tortellini Soup with Spinach and Sausage is easy enough for a weeknight meal. Loaded with healthy vegetables, fresh herbs, and flavorful sausage you can have this warming one-pot soup on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground pork or Italian Sausage removed from casing
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 9 ounces refrigerated tortellini
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan cheese optional
Seasoning when using ground pork:
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes until golden brown. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add ground pork (or Italian Sausage) and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it turns from pink to white. If using ground pork add seasonings and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>platedcravings.com