An iconic marriage made in heaven: strawberries and champagne! This stunning and delicate strawberry champagne cake has definitely captured my heart and I’m sure it will capture yours, too! This incredible cake is made with champagne-flavored cake layers and frosted with a sweet and tangy strawberry frosting! Garnish this stunner with chocolate covered strawberries and you have a show-stopper fit for any special occasion.
To get the most champagne flavor into my cake layers, I used a combination of sparkling wine and champagne extract. The extract is absolutely delicious and it really ups the flavor of the cake layers. Get the sparkling wine extract on Amazon; link in my shop! If you prefer to make a non-alcoholic version of this cake, just use some non-sweetened grape juice, or reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe.
The strawberry buttercream recipe is killer good, too! You’ll want to eat this frosting by the spoonful! I added a little bit of citric acid to make the buttercream a bit sour and tangy, which helps balance out the sweetness. A little tip for making berry buttercreams: make sure to add the fruit puree very last, after you get your frosting to the consistency you want it to be. Mix the fruit in for about 30 seconds, no longer; otherwise, the frosting can separate.
Ingredients:For Champagne Cake Layers:
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (118ml) sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup (118ml) milk
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons (16g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For Strawberry Buttercream:
- 4 sticks, 2 cups (453g) butter; softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (79ml) strawberry puree
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract or emulsion
- 1 teaspoon citric acid or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 to 7 cups (875g) confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup (200g) mashed strawberries, for filling
- Chocolate covered strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 3, 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper; recipe will also work well using 2, 9-inch cake pans.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until creamy. Add the egg whites and vanilla and mix until mixture is light and airy. Mix in the sparkling wine and milk. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking powder. Sift the dry ingredients into the cake batter and mix the flour just until well combined.
- Get full recipe==>>tatyanaseverydayfood.com