This white sangria is the perfect sweet, fruity, wine drink to serve at a BBQ or cool off with all summer long. I can never decide if the best part is the drink itself or munching on the delicious wine soaked fruit after!
I was 19 when I fell in love with sangria. It was springtime and I lived in the north of Spain. For a 19 year old girl, anything can seem magic and romantic and even more so for a young American girl living in Europe. My study abroad program assigned me a local family to live with and I had the best time with my host mom, Isabell. She made all my meals and washed my clothes and was patient with my stumbling Spanish.
For special meals she would mix up a pitcher of sangria from red wine and cinnamon and fruit. I was completely in love with the sangria, the food and the people.
These days I still make sangria the way Isabell taught me and other adaptations as well. This version is full of peaches and berries. The sweetness is adjustable based on your preference but it always tastes like summer to me!
- 1 bottle chilled Riesling a brand you like to drink
- ¼ cup triple sec
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ pound sliced peaches fresh or high quality frozen
- 1 cup strawberries halved
- 1 cup blackberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1-3 Tbsp. white sugar as needed
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- Ice to serve
- In a large pitcher combine the wine and triple sec.
- Add the peaches, strawberries, blackberries, pomegranate seeds and lemon juice.
- Get full recipe==>>mirlandraskitchen.com