The BEST Fried Rice. This fried rice is loaded with veggies and only takes 20 minutes to make! Vegetable Fried Rice has to be one of my all time favorite dishes. I love making Chinese food at home and fried rice is always the perfect accompaniment to my take out style dishes.
It all starts off with cold day old rice. If you are like me and don’t always plan ahead make sure to cook your rice first and allow it time to completely cool in the fridge. Fried rice is best when it is made with cold rice. You can even cook the rice the night before. The longer the rice sits the better it tastes!
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, small dice
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice, (I either use white or brown rice)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sliced green onions for garnish, if desired
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter into a large skillet.
- Add the eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>chefsavvy.com