The best recipes for Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, gravy, and tips to help you along the way. Keep these ideas for your Thanksgiving leftover recipes and Thanksgiving desserts too. They NEVER get old and are so delicious that everyone will go back for seconds (and thirds!).
One person said, “This is by far the best turkey I have ever made!” Step-by-Step Guide to The Best Thanksgiving Turkey. A tried-and-true recipe for making a perfectly cooked and moist turkey every time.
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons ground dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons rubbed dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (15 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle champagne
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a turkey roaster with long sheets of aluminum foil that will be long enough to wrap over the turkey.
- Stir together the parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, lemon pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the herb mixture into the cavity of the turkey, then stuff with the celery, orange, onion, and carrot. Truss if desired, and place the turkey into the roasting pan. Pour the chicken broth and champagne over the turkey, making sure to get some champagne in the cavity. Bring the aluminum foil over the top of the turkey, and seal. Try to keep the foil from touching the skin of the turkey breast or legs.
- Get full recipe==>>smartschoolhouse.com