Tomato Spinach Chicken Spaghetti – this recipe features fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, spinach, garlic, and olive oil. It’s a great Summer pasta recipe! Easy and delicious way to cook spaghetti using fresh vegetables and chicken!
This Chicken Spaghetti has a good variety of fresh ingredients: spinach, tomatoes, basil, garlic. Add chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and good quality olive oil to the mix – and you get a healthy, light, Mediterranean style dinner, packed with vegetables, protein and good oils.
When we think about chicken spaghetti, we usually picture a pasta dish with lots of cream sauce and white cheese. Well, not in this recipe. This is a healthy version of chicken spaghetti but really it tastes like comfort food. It’s one of the most popular recipes on my site – it’s been pinned 1.6 million times and visited by millions of people. I hope you try this Tomato and Spinach Chicken Spaghetti Pasta and see for yourself why it is so popular!
Did I forget to mention that this chicken spaghetti recipe is easy and takes only 30 minutes from start to finish? Not bad for a good-looking dish that tastes like comfort food and looks beautiful thanks to all the colors!
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped, drained of oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil drained from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 lb chicken boneless and skinless (preferably, boneless skinless thighs), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 8 oz spinach fresh
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (use high quality olive oil or oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar)
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, drained from sun-dried tomatoes, to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add chopped chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and prefer to use them, but you can use chopped chicken breast, as well), red pepper flakes, and salt over all of the ingredients in the skillet, and cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic to the skillet with chicken, cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little, and tomatoes release some of their juices. Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt to taste, if needed. Cover with lid and keep off heat.
- Get full recipe==>>juliasalbum.com