Turkey Taco Burrito Bowls are a family favorite meal! Let everyone build their own bowl for a fun do it yourself dinner. Turkey taco meat simmers on the stove top to make these burrito bowls so flavorful and a quick, 30 minute dinner that everyone will love. Add on all of your favorite taco toppings for a fun and delicious dinner.
These turkey taco burrito bowls have been so popular since I shared them. I am so happy that y’all are loving this recipe. It really is so delicious, has big flavor, and it’s a dinner that everyone likes because you can customize your own with whatever toppings you choose.
When I make these (which is often!) I put different taco toppings in bowls and set everything out buffet style on the counter. This is also a great meal to serve to a large group or dinner guests because it makes quite a bit and can feed a large family or a crowd.
Or, make it and then eat the leftovers for lunch all week. Which is really the best option because the leftovers of this are still as amazing as the first day!
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Cooked rice
- Taco toppings; shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa, avocado, olives, lime, shredded cheese, etc
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium high heat, cook the ground turkey with the salt & pepper until cooked through and no longer pink, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Drain.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and flour. Stir the mixture constantly for 1 minute while it cooks. It will be crumbly (that's ok).
- Slowly add the beef broth, a little bit at a time, while whisking to let it thicken up. Add in tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- Get full recipe==>>togetherasfamily.com