The cake has a lovely balanced flavor of lemon and is neither too sweet nor too tangy, and with just a hint of flavor from the olive oil. This is Italy in a nutshell, if you ask me ;).
The traditional lemon and olive oil cake comes from southern Italy and includes eggs, but in this vegan version you can’t notice that there aren’t any eggs at all!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- zest of a lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- 1 cup soy yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional, can be substituted with vanilla essence)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 50 g (1.76 oz) vegan butter, melted
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven at 160°C/320F. Grease a bread form and line the inside with a baking sheet or breadcrumbs.
- Sift the flour in a bowl and combine with baking powder, baking soda, vanilla powder, salt, lemon zest and sugar.
- Get full recipe==>>sofiavonporat.com