Vegan Pesto Pizza! You’ll never guess this pizza was dairy-free! Pumpkin seed pesto topped with sliced tomatoes then roasted to perfection and topped with homemade vegan parmesan cheese!
The key to this pizza is thin slices of tomatoes that caramelize on top of the pesto and a generous shake of my vegan cheese mix. Pulse the ingredients together and keep a jar of it in the freezer for whenever you need a bit of cheesy flavor. I prefer the freezer so it doesn’t go bad and can be kept in a bigger batch. But, it will also keep in the fridge for a week or so. I love this stuff! It’s my secret weapon in quite a few of the vegan recipes in my cookbook, and no one knows the difference. It taste like parmesan, but more heart healthy!
- Prepared Pizza Dough
Pumpkin Seed Pesto:
- 1/2 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons [url:2]nutritional yeast[/url]
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced tomatoes (from about 2-3 large tomatoes)
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 raw cup cashews
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (or almonds with skins off)
- 3 tablespoons [url:3]nutritional yeast[/url]
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stretch the pizza dough on a pizza stone or pizza pan and set aside.
- Get full recipe==>>delishknowledge.com