Do you wanna know why I love burrito bowls? Cuz they’re super simple to make and so damn customizable. Don’t like lettuce? Use kale or spinach. Don’t like wild rice? I think it adds a little something to the dish, but you could totally use white or brown rice or even quinoa instead. Not a fan of refried beans? Skip ’em or just use regular black or pinto beans.
Hate avoc…okay now you’re just being ridiculous.
Avocados are actually the only things that are really essential to this burrito bowl because they’re key for the freakin-amazing Cilantro-Lime Avocado Dressing. It’s ridiculously creamy and combines avocado, olive oil, cilantro, almond milk, lime and a couple spices perfectly. Plus, it’s an awesome alternative for the usual dairy-filled, sour cream based burrito bowl dressings.
But even if you’re not sold on the wild rice burrito bowl, I highly recommend making the dressing and putting it on all the things.
IngredientsFor the burrito bowl
- 1½ heaping cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp corn
- 2 tbsp refried beans
- ¼ avocado, sliced or diced
- roasted chickpeas
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup almond milk* (I used Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ ripe avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ¼ tsp each salt, freshly ground pepper, ground cumin and chili powder
InstructionsTo assemble the bowl:
- Add the lettuce to the bottom of a serving bowl, add rice and other desired toppings then drizzle with cilantro-lime avocado dressing.
For the dressing:
- In a blender, combine Almond Breeze, olive oil, avocado, green onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper and cumin; blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Get full recipe==>>exsloth.com