Is there a more perfect mash-up imaginable? I didn’t think so. These Oreo Donuts are moist and flavorful — and the batter is filled with Oreos. The bright white icing is a nod to the cream filling and the donuts are showered with — you guessed it — more Oreos!
Because they’re baked instead of fried, these are an easy treat that can be whipped up on a moment’s notice — with no fuss or mess. They stay fresh for several days at room temperature, and my entire family agrees that these need to happen on a regular basis.
You DO have to break them in half to dunk in your glass of milk, but I don’t think you’ll mind.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch processed or natural)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Oreos, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Make the donuts: preheat oven to 350 F; grease two standard size donut pans.
- Whisk egg, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add all dry ingredients except the Oreos, and whisk until well blended. Gently fold in half the crushed Oreos (reserve the rest).
- Get full recipe==>>babble.com